May 17--The Northwest Film Forum's free monthly discussion "Framing Pictures," which features critics Richard Jameson, Robert Horton and Kathleen Murphy, is back at 5 p.m. Friday. One of the films discussed will be Jacques Rivette's "Le Pont du Nord," a 1981 film set in Paris, which will be shown in a new 35mm print through Thursday (there is an admission charge for the film). 1515 12th Ave., Seattle (206-829-7863 or ).
The "Friday Night at Meaningful Movies" series continues with a free screening of "Corporate FM," a 2012 documentary that looks at local commercial radio, at 7 p.m. Friday at Keystone Congregational United Church of Christ, 5019 Keystone Place N., Seattle (www.meaningfulmovies.org).
The Seattle Latino Film Festival's educational outreach program presents a screening of the 2011 Guatemalan drama "Capsulas," about a 12-year-old boy and his family, at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Lakeside School. The film will be presented in Spanish, with English subtitles. 14050 First Ave. N.E., Seattle (206-669-3161 or www.slff.org).
"We Are Wisconsin," a 2012 documentary that follows the unfolding of public outcry against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, screens at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Capitol Hill Branch of the Seattle Public Library, 425 Harvard Ave. E. The screening is free (206-684-4715 or www.spl.org).
And in case you hadn't noticed, the Seattle International Film Festival is now in full swing, with films and events for everyone at several venues (206-324-9996 or ).
Doug Knoop: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @dougknoop
(c)2013 The Seattle Times
Visit The Seattle Times at www.seattletimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief