Rhode Island's unemployment rate dropped again, to
8.8 percent in April, and the state gained 500 jobs since March, according to
figures released Thursday by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training.
But the size of the state's labor force declined as well, to 558,200 people in April, for the fourth month in a row.
The number of jobs here in Rhode Island was 467,400 for April, just 2,700 more jobs than a year ago -- an increase of less than 1 percent.
(c)2013 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success