Rhode Island's unemployment rate dropped again, to
8.8 percent in April, and the state gained 500 jobs since March, according to
figures released Thursday by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training.
But the size of the state's labor force declined as well, to 558,200 people in April, for the fourth month in a row.
The number of jobs here in Rhode Island was 467,400 for April, just 2,700 more jobs than a year ago -- an increase of less than 1 percent.
(c)2013 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges