Rhode Island's unemployment rate dropped again, to
8.8 percent in April, and the state gained 500 jobs since March, according to
figures released Thursday by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training.
But the size of the state's labor force declined as well, to 558,200 people in April, for the fourth month in a row.
The number of jobs here in Rhode Island was 467,400 for April, just 2,700 more jobs than a year ago -- an increase of less than 1 percent.
(c)2013 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists