The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) this week called for nominations for the 2013 Brillante Awards for Excellence.
Nominations are being accepted now through July 2 for individuals, businesses, nonprofits, educational institutions, and companies whose endeavors coincide with NSHMBA's mission, and directly further the advancement and recognition of Hispanics and the Hispanic community.
NSHMBA's mission is to increase the number of Hispanics graduating from master's business degree programs through scholarships, professional development and mentorship.
The nonprofit has has 39 chapters across the U.S. and more than 21,000 members since its inception in 1988.
This year's award presentation will be during the official fundraising Founder's Gala on Oct. 12, during the organization's annual conference: Oct. 10-12, in San Antonio, Texas.
Award categories include:
•Brillante Award for Corporate Excellence
•Brillante Award for Education Excellence
•Brillante Award for Community Service Excellence
"Though the winners' efforts speak for themselves, and the Hispanic community sees the results of their labors, and many benefit from their efforts directly, it's important to recognize these individuals and companies for their outstanding work," NHSMBA CEO Manny Gonzalez said in a statement.
For more information or to complete a nomination form, visit: www.nshmba.org/brillante or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow the organization on Twitter.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps