The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) this week called for nominations for the 2013 Brillante Awards for Excellence.
Nominations are being accepted now through July 2 for individuals, businesses, nonprofits, educational institutions, and companies whose endeavors coincide with NSHMBA's mission, and directly further the advancement and recognition of Hispanics and the Hispanic community.
NSHMBA's mission is to increase the number of Hispanics graduating from master's business degree programs through scholarships, professional development and mentorship.
The nonprofit has has 39 chapters across the U.S. and more than 21,000 members since its inception in 1988.
This year's award presentation will be during the official fundraising Founder's Gala on Oct. 12, during the organization's annual conference: Oct. 10-12, in San Antonio, Texas.
Award categories include:
•Brillante Award for Corporate Excellence
•Brillante Award for Education Excellence
•Brillante Award for Community Service Excellence
"Though the winners' efforts speak for themselves, and the Hispanic community sees the results of their labors, and many benefit from their efforts directly, it's important to recognize these individuals and companies for their outstanding work," NHSMBA CEO Manny Gonzalez said in a statement.
For more information or to complete a nomination form, visit: www.nshmba.org/brillante or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow the organization on Twitter.
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- US Consumer Confidence Hit a High in October
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers