OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/17/13 -- On May 17, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz held a media briefing in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to launch the Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan.
The Minister was joined by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Dr. Martine Dubuc, Chief Food Safety Officer for Canada and Vice-President of Science, Neil Bouwer, Vice-President of Policy and Programs, Dr. Parthi Muthukumarasamy, Acting Director of Meat programs. On the phone line was Helene Couture, Chief of the Evaluation Division for the Bureau of Microbial Hazards at Health Canada.
Video footage and photos of the event are available for use by the media at: www.electricumbrella.ca/130517_CFIA_Saskatoon
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Office of Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again