OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/17/13 -- On May 17, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz held a media briefing in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to launch the Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan.
The Minister was joined by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Dr. Martine Dubuc, Chief Food Safety Officer for Canada and Vice-President of Science, Neil Bouwer, Vice-President of Policy and Programs, Dr. Parthi Muthukumarasamy, Acting Director of Meat programs. On the phone line was Helene Couture, Chief of the Evaluation Division for the Bureau of Microbial Hazards at Health Canada.
Video footage and photos of the event are available for use by the media at: www.electricumbrella.ca/130517_CFIA_Saskatoon
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Office of Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response