OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/17/13 -- On May 17, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz held a media briefing in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to launch the Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan.
The Minister was joined by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Dr. Martine Dubuc, Chief Food Safety Officer for Canada and Vice-President of Science, Neil Bouwer, Vice-President of Policy and Programs, Dr. Parthi Muthukumarasamy, Acting Director of Meat programs. On the phone line was Helene Couture, Chief of the Evaluation Division for the Bureau of Microbial Hazards at Health Canada.
Video footage and photos of the event are available for use by the media at: www.electricumbrella.ca/130517_CFIA_Saskatoon
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Office of Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party