Governor Christie's latest campaign ad is in Spanish,
highlighting his record on fiscal issues and education while
promoting the endorsement of an influential Latino group.
The 30-second ad titled "Orgullo de New Jersey" is modeled after the "Jersey Proud" commercial that began airing earlier this month as part of a $1.2 million media buy.
The ad, the third of Christie's 2013 reelection campaign, is part of a more modest $275,000 buy.
The commercial comes as both Christie, a Republican, and his Democratic challenger, state Sen. Barbara Buono, are jockeying for support from the state's key Latino population.
Last week, the Latino Action Network's Continuing Political Committee endorsed Buono at an event at Sabor Latino in Newark's Ironbound section.
But earlier this year, Christie picked up an endorsement from the Latino Leadership Alliance of New Jersey's political action committee. The organization backed Gov. Jon Corzine, a Democrat, in 2009.
"It's no surprise that the governor is attracting bipartisan support from every corner of the state and within the Hispanic community,," said Bill Stepien, Christie's campaign manager.
The ad is the third for the Christie campaign; Buono has run ads only online. Christie has raised $6 million, while Buono, a veteran state lawmaker from Middlesex County, has raised $1.9 million.
(c) 2013 Record, The; Bergen County, N.J.. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill