May 15--Garner's sixth year of Music off Main Downtown Concert Series kicked off on May 9. This year's series brings local musicians back home for great performances that enhance the town. The Series is presented by the Garner Revitalization Association, Garner Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources and several local businesses.
Four of the five acts are from Garner, and the fifth is from the surrounding area. Music off Main is another great way to show everyone exactly what Garner has to offer.
First up in the series was Amanda Daughtry. Daughtry performs a wide range of covers from current to classic country hits, classic rock, and pop, along with her own songs to provide everyone in attendance something they will enjoy. For more information visit www.amandadaughtry.com.
Along with the local performers, the event will feature local artists, products and businesses in what will be known as Market off Main. This stemmed from last year's successful Art off Main event.
The Music Off Main Series is held on the back lawn of the Garner Performing Arts Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
On June 6, MikeMickXer will perform their unique style of Rockabilly, Reggae, R&B and Funk. The group consists of Mike Davis, Gary Grier and Mick Voiland
On June 20, The Band Heartbeat brings to Garner a mix of Motown, country, rock and beach tunes.
On August 15, Honey will star on the Music Off Main stage playing R&B, disco, soul, rock, funk, and pop for their fellow Garner citizens.
To end the series, Old Habits will perform on Sept. 19. Old Habit's current sound is a mixture of Americana, country and Southern roots music.
(c)2013 Fuquay-Varina Independent, N.C.
Visit the Fuquay-Varina Independent, N.C. at fuquay-varinaindependent.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy