May 17--One of country music's hottest bands, the Band Perry, will perform at the Crawford County Fair on Aug. 20.
Fans can get a preview of the show May 19, when the group, featuring Kimberly Perry and brothers Neil and Reid, perform at the Billboard Music Awards.
The program will be aired live on ABC-TV from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The Band Perry recently released the album, "Pioneer," which included the singles "Better Dig Two" and "Done," music written for arena shows, Kimberly Perry said in a statement.
"We needed songs that could fill large spaces," she said. "Our show is very aggressive; there are a lot of electric guitars and hard-hitting drums."
The siblings' string of earlier hits includes "If I Die Young," which went quadruple-platinum and topped Billboard's country and adult contemporary charts, and the platinum-selling "You Lie" and "All Your Life."
Special guests at their Crawford County Fair concert will be Jerrod Niemann, whose second album, "Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury," debuted at No. 1 on the charts, and newcomer Kristen Kelly, known for her singles "Ex-Old Man" and "He Loves to Make Me Cry."
Tickets go on sale May 20.
VALERIE MYERScan be reached at 878-1913 or by e-mail. Follow her on Twitter at twitter.com/ETNmyers.
(c)2013 the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.)
Visit the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.) at www.GoErie.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000