NEW YORK -- The CW network is bringing a popular radio music series to television and is going heavy on escapist fare in its new programming for next season.
As part of a three-year deal, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will air exclusively on the network and stream on CWTV.com following the broadcasts, the CW said Thursday. Other iHeartRadio events, including a Jingle Ball holiday concert, are coming to the CW as part of the agreement with Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
The music festival will be held in September in Las Vegas by Clear Channel.
CW's young-skewing audience will also find a mix of fantasy and fashion on the 2014-15 schedule.
Five new dramas are planned, including a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries" titled "The Originals."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline