NEW YORK -- The CW network is bringing a popular radio music series to television and is going heavy on escapist fare in its new programming for next season.
As part of a three-year deal, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will air exclusively on the network and stream on CWTV.com following the broadcasts, the CW said Thursday. Other iHeartRadio events, including a Jingle Ball holiday concert, are coming to the CW as part of the agreement with Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
The music festival will be held in September in Las Vegas by Clear Channel.
CW's young-skewing audience will also find a mix of fantasy and fashion on the 2014-15 schedule.
Five new dramas are planned, including a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries" titled "The Originals."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare