NEW YORK -- The CW network is bringing a popular radio music series to television and is going heavy on escapist fare in its new programming for next season.
As part of a three-year deal, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will air exclusively on the network and stream on CWTV.com following the broadcasts, the CW said Thursday. Other iHeartRadio events, including a Jingle Ball holiday concert, are coming to the CW as part of the agreement with Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
The music festival will be held in September in Las Vegas by Clear Channel.
CW's young-skewing audience will also find a mix of fantasy and fashion on the 2014-15 schedule.
Five new dramas are planned, including a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries" titled "The Originals."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say