NEW YORK -- The CW network is bringing a popular radio music series to television and is going heavy on escapist fare in its new programming for next season.
As part of a three-year deal, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will air exclusively on the network and stream on CWTV.com following the broadcasts, the CW said Thursday. Other iHeartRadio events, including a Jingle Ball holiday concert, are coming to the CW as part of the agreement with Clear Channel Media and Entertainment.
The music festival will be held in September in Las Vegas by Clear Channel.
CW's young-skewing audience will also find a mix of fantasy and fashion on the 2014-15 schedule.
Five new dramas are planned, including a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries" titled "The Originals."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant