May 16--The Dylan festivities continue through May 26, including poetry, music, trivia, a movie, train rides, a birthday bash and more. Also: events spill into Hibbing, where the Duluth-born folk singer was raised.
Some of the highlights include:
--Duluth Does Dylan, featuring musicians Marc Gartman, Tim Saxhaug, Dave Carroll, Sarah Krueger and Diet Folk is 10 p.m. Saturday at Tycoons Alehouse.
--Dylan movie night features "Underground Film Collage" by KUMD-FM "Highway 61 Revisited" host John Bushey and Nelson French. The screening is at 8 p.m. at Red Star Lounge followed at 9:30 p.m. with music by Snobarn.
--Jim Hall and The Freewheelers perform starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Red Star on Wednesday.
The annual Blood on the Tracks Express includes a train ride up the North Shore with music by Big Wave Dave & the Ripples, Erik Koskinen, Saint Anyway, The Freewheelers, Dirty Horse, Barbara Jean & Cowboy Angel Blue.
For more events, go to bobdylanway.com.
(c)2013 the Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn.)
Visit the Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn.) at www.duluthnewstribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief