Goalkeeper Victor Valdes has told Spanish champions
Barcelona he wants to leave the club in June, radio station Cadena
SER reported Tuesday.
Valdes, 31, has been Barca's first-choice keeper since 2003, helping the Catalans win three Champions Leagues and six Spanish Ligas.
Spain's second-choice keeper is under contract with Barca until 2014, but his agent said in January that he did not want to renew it. Now it seems he is keen to leave as soon as possible, according to Cadena SER.
Valdes has not publicly explained his reasons for wanting to leave, nor where he would like to continue his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype