Goalkeeper Victor Valdes has told Spanish champions
Barcelona he wants to leave the club in June, radio station Cadena
SER reported Tuesday.
Valdes, 31, has been Barca's first-choice keeper since 2003, helping the Catalans win three Champions Leagues and six Spanish Ligas.
Spain's second-choice keeper is under contract with Barca until 2014, but his agent said in January that he did not want to renew it. Now it seems he is keen to leave as soon as possible, according to Cadena SER.
Valdes has not publicly explained his reasons for wanting to leave, nor where he would like to continue his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- 'American Hustle' Review
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum