Goalkeeper Victor Valdes has told Spanish champions
Barcelona he wants to leave the club in June, radio station Cadena
SER reported Tuesday.
Valdes, 31, has been Barca's first-choice keeper since 2003, helping the Catalans win three Champions Leagues and six Spanish Ligas.
Spain's second-choice keeper is under contract with Barca until 2014, but his agent said in January that he did not want to renew it. Now it seems he is keen to leave as soon as possible, according to Cadena SER.
Valdes has not publicly explained his reasons for wanting to leave, nor where he would like to continue his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint