Goalkeeper Victor Valdes has told Spanish champions
Barcelona he wants to leave the club in June, radio station Cadena
SER reported Tuesday.
Valdes, 31, has been Barca's first-choice keeper since 2003, helping the Catalans win three Champions Leagues and six Spanish Ligas.
Spain's second-choice keeper is under contract with Barca until 2014, but his agent said in January that he did not want to renew it. Now it seems he is keen to leave as soon as possible, according to Cadena SER.
Valdes has not publicly explained his reasons for wanting to leave, nor where he would like to continue his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free