May 15--A special one-time screening of "Rockshow" -- a concert film starring Paul McCartney and Wings on their 1975-76 "Wings Over the World" tour -- will be presented at 7 p.m. Thursday at Harkins Bricktown Cinema 16, 150 E Reno Ave.
SpectiCast, in association with Eagle Rock Entertainment, is premiering the film in theaters in the U.K. on Wednesday and worldwide on Thursday. Although filmed on the tour in 1976 at the enormous Kingdome in Seattle, "Rockshow," originally a cutdown version of the concert, was not premiered until November 1980 in New York and April 1981 in London.
The film will be shown at nearly 1,000 theaters in more than 700 cities worldwide, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cape Town, South Africa, Sydney, Rome, Warsaw, Poland, and many other cities across the U.S., Mexico, Asia, Europe and South America. These special theatrical presentations will include a bonus 12-minute interview with McCartney.
The demand that greeted Paul McCartney and Wings (Linda McCartney, Joe English, Denny Laine and Jimmy McCulloch) in the spring of 1976 as they embarked on what would become their only North American tour was overwhelming. Having released four consecutive chart-busting albums including "Red Rose Speedway, "Band on the Run," "Venus and Mars" and "Wings at the Speed of Sound" -- not to mention 1973's Academy Award-winning James Bond theme "Live and Let Die" -- McCartney's solo career was in full flight, having not performed in the States for 10 years, either solo or with The Beatles. Tickets for "Rockshow" are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.rockshowonscreen.com.
If you prefer your thoughts to appear in The Oklahoman's Opinion section, we encourage you to submit a letter to the editor.
(c)2013 The Oklahoman
Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention