A CLASSICAL ballet with a dynamic Welsh twist will be hitting Llanelli next month.
On Thursday, June 20 award-winning company Ballet Cymru will present their adaptation of Shakespeare's masterpiece, Romeo a Juliet at Ffwr nes.
The show, which is a co-production with Coreo Cymru and the Riverfront Theatre Newport, will be set to Prokofiev's music score recorded live by the Welsh orchestra Sinfonia Cymru.
The production is a unique interpretation of a classic and well- loved story, with the promise of drama, excitement, and characterisation performed by some of the finest young dancers around, according to artistic director and choreographer Darius James. Mr James said the group had high expectations ahead of their debut Ffwrnes performance.
We are really excited and looking forward to performing in the brand new venue, he said.
Ballet Cymru are very proud to be performing the first ballet production at the Ffwrnes theatre, although we have regularly toured to this area in the past and always have lovely audiences.
Mr James said the show should appeal to a range of audiences.
He said: We tour accessible productions which are not in the traditional classical ballet style which some people expect.
We like to deliver performances with a Welsh twist which are rich in character and emotion for all ages and abilities to understand and enjoy, yet the quality of technique and style of the dancing is firmly rooted in professional ballet training.
People are often surprised and delighted by how much they like ballet after seeing one of our performances for the first time.
The company has collaborated with an array of creative artists to produce the performance, including Georg Meyer-Wiel's set and costume design, the guest choreography of Jo Fong and Michal Iwanowski -- a young Welsh photographer producing strong, atmospheric images.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus