Average retail gasoline prices in El Paso have risen 8 cents per gallon
in the past week to $3.36 a gallon, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 296
gas outlets in El Paso.
The national average has increased 6 cents per gallon in the past week to $3.57 a gallon, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
El Paso prices are 32 cents per gallon lower than one year ago and are 2 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. The national average has increased 5 cents per gallon during the past month and stands 15 cents per gallon lower than one year ago.
"The national average has perked up again in the last seven days across the nation," said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan. "Many motorists remain skeptical of the so-called reasons that we blame higher prices on: refinery production and maintenance, tightening supply and the now completed switch over to EPA mandated cleaner summer gasoline.
"Tight gasoline supply exists especially along the West Coast, and other factors are coming into play in some of the bigger metro areas where more expensive reformulated gasoline has hit pumps."
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant