Average retail gasoline prices in El Paso have risen 8 cents per gallon
in the past week to $3.36 a gallon, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 296
gas outlets in El Paso.
The national average has increased 6 cents per gallon in the past week to $3.57 a gallon, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
El Paso prices are 32 cents per gallon lower than one year ago and are 2 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. The national average has increased 5 cents per gallon during the past month and stands 15 cents per gallon lower than one year ago.
"The national average has perked up again in the last seven days across the nation," said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan. "Many motorists remain skeptical of the so-called reasons that we blame higher prices on: refinery production and maintenance, tightening supply and the now completed switch over to EPA mandated cleaner summer gasoline.
"Tight gasoline supply exists especially along the West Coast, and other factors are coming into play in some of the bigger metro areas where more expensive reformulated gasoline has hit pumps."
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Health Care Signups Picked up Pace in November