Billed as Britain's biggest burlesque extravaganza, a show full of dancing girls and variety entertainment will be coming to Wolverhampton later this month, direct from London's West End.
An Evening of Burlesque, featuring all-singing, all-dancing performers, will be staged at the city's Grand Theatre on May 24.
Show producer Michael Taylor said theatre-goers can expect a riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
He said the show promises to be "all tease, no sleaze" and is for over-18s only.
"It's the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year," he said. Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesqueinspired outfits.
Stars of the show include Liberty Sweet, who trained at the Royal Academy of Dance and comes with her own sparkle-encrusted swing; Angie Sylvia, who is trained in hip hop and vogue at the Broadway Dance Center, New York and AJ James whose gravity-defying feats of balance involving knife juggling that features audience participation.
An Evening of Burlesque is at Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre on May 24 at 8pm. For tickets, tel: 01902 429212
(c) 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges