Billed as Britain's biggest burlesque extravaganza, a show full of dancing girls and variety entertainment will be coming to Wolverhampton later this month, direct from London's West End.
An Evening of Burlesque, featuring all-singing, all-dancing performers, will be staged at the city's Grand Theatre on May 24.
Show producer Michael Taylor said theatre-goers can expect a riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque.
Themes featured include evocative Arabian Nights, fabulous fan dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
He said the show promises to be "all tease, no sleaze" and is for over-18s only.
"It's the slickest, wickedly wittiest, most delightfully choreographed cabaret spectacular of the year," he said. Audiences are predominantly female, say the producers, attracting auditoriums full of people dressed in burlesqueinspired outfits.
Stars of the show include Liberty Sweet, who trained at the Royal Academy of Dance and comes with her own sparkle-encrusted swing; Angie Sylvia, who is trained in hip hop and vogue at the Broadway Dance Center, New York and AJ James whose gravity-defying feats of balance involving knife juggling that features audience participation.
An Evening of Burlesque is at Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre on May 24 at 8pm. For tickets, tel: 01902 429212
(c) 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry