Actress Cristin Milioti has been introduced as the titular maternal figure in the Season 8 finale of the U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother."
This marks the first time Milioti's character, identified only as "the girl with the yellow umbrella" in Monday night's episode, has appeared on the show.
CBS confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Milioti -- former star of the stage musical "Once" -- will play the future wife of Josh Radnor's character, Ted.
No other details about the character were immediately known but the entertainment industry trade newspaper said the woman is expected to factor largely into the upcoming ninth and final season of "HIMYM."
Despite her mystery-solving introduction to the show's audience Monday night, the character hasn't met Ted on-screen yet.
The show is the very long story Ted tells his children in 2030 about his life before they became a family.
Milioti previously played recurring roles on TV's "30 Rock" and "The Sopranos."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day