Actress Cristin Milioti has been introduced as the titular maternal figure in the Season 8 finale of the U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother."
This marks the first time Milioti's character, identified only as "the girl with the yellow umbrella" in Monday night's episode, has appeared on the show.
CBS confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Milioti -- former star of the stage musical "Once" -- will play the future wife of Josh Radnor's character, Ted.
No other details about the character were immediately known but the entertainment industry trade newspaper said the woman is expected to factor largely into the upcoming ninth and final season of "HIMYM."
Despite her mystery-solving introduction to the show's audience Monday night, the character hasn't met Ted on-screen yet.
The show is the very long story Ted tells his children in 2030 about his life before they became a family.
Milioti previously played recurring roles on TV's "30 Rock" and "The Sopranos."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe