Net profit at the European Aeronautic Defence and
Space Co NV (EADS) jumped 91 per cent year-on-year in the first
quarter of 2013, driven by Airbus deliveries, the company said
The parent of commercial aircraft manufacturer Airbus SAS saw net profits reach 241 million euros (316 million dollars) for the January-to-March period.
Revenues were 9 per cent up on a year earlier at 12.4 billion euros, the company said in a press release online.
The rise was due to an increase in its commercial aircraft deliveries, while business in the group's defence arm remained stable, it said.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays