Net profit at the European Aeronautic Defence and
Space Co NV (EADS) jumped 91 per cent year-on-year in the first
quarter of 2013, driven by Airbus deliveries, the company said
The parent of commercial aircraft manufacturer Airbus SAS saw net profits reach 241 million euros (316 million dollars) for the January-to-March period.
Revenues were 9 per cent up on a year earlier at 12.4 billion euros, the company said in a press release online.
The rise was due to an increase in its commercial aircraft deliveries, while business in the group's defence arm remained stable, it said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks