Net profit at the European Aeronautic Defence and
Space Co NV (EADS) jumped 91 per cent year-on-year in the first
quarter of 2013, driven by Airbus deliveries, the company said
The parent of commercial aircraft manufacturer Airbus SAS saw net profits reach 241 million euros (316 million dollars) for the January-to-March period.
Revenues were 9 per cent up on a year earlier at 12.4 billion euros, the company said in a press release online.
The rise was due to an increase in its commercial aircraft deliveries, while business in the group's defence arm remained stable, it said.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins