Net profit at the European Aeronautic Defence and
Space Co NV (EADS) jumped 91 per cent year-on-year in the first
quarter of 2013, driven by Airbus deliveries, the company said
The parent of commercial aircraft manufacturer Airbus SAS saw net profits reach 241 million euros (316 million dollars) for the January-to-March period.
Revenues were 9 per cent up on a year earlier at 12.4 billion euros, the company said in a press release online.
The rise was due to an increase in its commercial aircraft deliveries, while business in the group's defence arm remained stable, it said.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed