Famed American psychologist, advice columnist and TV personality Dr. Joyce
Brothers died Monday in New York, a representative said. She was 85.
Brothers gained fame after winning "The $64,000 Question" game show in 1955 and went on to make cameo TV appearances in "The Love Boat" and "CHiPs" as well as the film "Naked Gun."
She was frequently consulted by reporters to help understand a criminal's unpredictable behavior.
Brothers died after a long illness, a representative told TMZ.
She was married to internist Milton Brothers from 1949 until his death in 1989 and is survived by a single daughter, Lisa.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts