Famed American psychologist, advice columnist and TV personality Dr. Joyce
Brothers died Monday in New York, a representative said. She was 85.
Brothers gained fame after winning "The $64,000 Question" game show in 1955 and went on to make cameo TV appearances in "The Love Boat" and "CHiPs" as well as the film "Naked Gun."
She was frequently consulted by reporters to help understand a criminal's unpredictable behavior.
Brothers died after a long illness, a representative told TMZ.
She was married to internist Milton Brothers from 1949 until his death in 1989 and is survived by a single daughter, Lisa.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum