VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- Commercial mortgage originations and outstanding mortgages both increased in 2012 according to a Canadian Commercial Mortgage Market Survey recently released by CMLS Financial. Commercial mortgage originations were up 16% in 2012 to $32.5B, and CMLS Financial estimated the Canadian commercial mortgage market in 2012 at approximately $170B; an increase of 2.5% over 2011.
The survey reports that lenders feel there is more capital available, but many have targets which are down year over year. The May Commentary also explores the tightening of commercial spreads, the improving feasibility of CMBS securitization, and continued REIT unsecured issuance.
Read the full commentary here: May 2013 Commentary
CMLS Financial is Canada's only dedicated provider of commercial mortgage market intelligence. On a quarterly basis, CMLS Financial publishes a commentary on the Canadian commercial mortgage market with specific analysis of the conventional market, the CMHC insured market, and the Canadian CMBS market.
The Valuation Group of CMLS Financial has been providing independent mortgage risk review and mortgage valuation ("mark to market") services to Canada's leading institutional mortgage lenders and borrowers for over 10 years.
Mr. Mark Achtemichuk
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years