VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- Commercial mortgage originations and outstanding mortgages both increased in 2012 according to a Canadian Commercial Mortgage Market Survey recently released by CMLS Financial. Commercial mortgage originations were up 16% in 2012 to $32.5B, and CMLS Financial estimated the Canadian commercial mortgage market in 2012 at approximately $170B; an increase of 2.5% over 2011.
The survey reports that lenders feel there is more capital available, but many have targets which are down year over year. The May Commentary also explores the tightening of commercial spreads, the improving feasibility of CMBS securitization, and continued REIT unsecured issuance.
Read the full commentary here: May 2013 Commentary
CMLS Financial is Canada's only dedicated provider of commercial mortgage market intelligence. On a quarterly basis, CMLS Financial publishes a commentary on the Canadian commercial mortgage market with specific analysis of the conventional market, the CMHC insured market, and the Canadian CMBS market.
The Valuation Group of CMLS Financial has been providing independent mortgage risk review and mortgage valuation ("mark to market") services to Canada's leading institutional mortgage lenders and borrowers for over 10 years.
Mr. Mark Achtemichuk
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music