Boman Modine was born in London while his father, Matthew Modine, was filming Stanley Kubrick's classic Vietnam War film, Full Metal Jacket. 27 years later, Boman is busy making his own movies with a recently launched Kickstarter campaign for HYPERION, a film about cystic fibrosis. The Kickstarter campaign runs through May 30th.
Cystic fibrosis is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder that affects most critically the lungs, and also the pancreas, liver, and intestines. It is one of the most common chronic lung diseases in children and young adults. Modine is working with The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Rock CF, and the Cystic Fibrosis Lifestyle Foundation to help raise awareness and garner support for this life-threatening disorder.
"I grew up on amazing film sets, both small and large, and became fascinated with filmmaking from an early age. My dad has worked with many of the best directors -- Stanley Kubrick, Oliver Stone, Robert Altman, John Schlesinger, Alan Pakula, Jonathan Demme, and Christopher Nolan -- to name but a few. Being able to visit these amazing director's film sets and watch them work has been its own form of film school," says Boman. "With Hyperion, I hope to paint an engaging and accurate portrayal of a young woman living with this little understood disease."
HYPERION is written and directed by Boman Modine and stars Wesam Keesh (MTV's Awkward) and Eddie Hassell (The Kids Are All Right, Jobs) with Susan Graham (Quiet). The film is being produced by Joe Toronto of Strangeway Productions and Lauren Fash of However Productions. The film is executive produced by Adam Rackoff.
To watch the Kickstarter video and support the project, visit, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/447490465/hyperion-0
For more information about the film, visit www.hyperionthemovie.com
Source: Producer Adam Rackoff
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief