An unidentified bidder has won a charity
auction for a coffee date with Apple chief executive Tim Cook, but it
will be a very expensive jolt of caffeine.
According to the Charitybuzz auction site, the winning bid reached 610,000 dollars when the auction closed Tuesday, with the donation going to benefit the Robert Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.
Under the terms of the auction the winning bidder is entitled to a 30-to-60 minute meeting with Cook at Apple headquarters on a mutually agreed upon date.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing