OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/13/13 -- With a strong majority, close to 100 members of the New Brunswick Crown Counsel Association (NBCCA) and New Brunswick Crown Prosecutors Association (NBCPA) have joined the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC), a national union.
"In times of austerity, deficit reduction and hiring freezes, I believe it is more important than ever to unite and show support and solidarity to professional and union values. I wish to welcome each of these new members and to make a commitment to defend their interests," said Gary Corbett, PIPSC President.
Prior to this new certification, PIPSC provided representational services and negotiated collective agreements in 2008 and 2011. Following 18 months of negotiation, the most recent collective agreement achieved modest gains despite provincial austerity measures, and was signed on January 30, 2013.
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada represents more than 57,000 professionals and scientists across Canada's public sector. In New Brunswick, PIPSC represents members who work for such provincial departments as Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries, Natural Resources, Health, Transportation and Infrastructure, Public Safety, Justice, Social Development, and Environment and Local Government.
(613) 228-6310 ext. 2303
(613) 883-4900 (cell)
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset