TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/13/13 -- Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) praised the Canadian government and Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney for the deportation of Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad, a Palestinian terrorist who has avoided deportation for 26 years.
"We are so pleased and proud that our government has finally managed to deport this terrorist, who participated in the murder of an innocent airline passenger in Greece and lied to get into this country, and then proceeded to wage a decades-long campaign of lawfare to avoid expulsion and remain on Canadian soil," explained Avi Benlolo, President and CEO of FSWC. "His presence in our country was an insult to every Canadian, while his deportation demonstrates the commitment Canada has to identifying and expelling those whose political ideology leads them to believe they can commit violence without fear or consequence."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and antisemitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, freedom and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32 (office)
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station