VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/13/13 -- eShippers Management Ltd. (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: EPX.H) is pleased to announce that, subject to the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange, John Parker has been appointed to succeed John Jardine as Chief Financial Officer of the Company, effective May 1, 2013. The Company would like to thank Mr. Jardine for his services to the Company and wishes him the best in his future endeavours.
John Parker is a Chartered Accountant and a senior partner with Buckley Dodds Parker LPP, a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in tax planning, advisory and compliance matters. Mr. Parker brings to the Company a wide breath of expertise gained from 25 years in public and private practice, holding various positions with companies as a Chief Financial Officer, Vice-President, Finance, Controller, Senior Manager and Operations Director. Mr. Parker has served on the board of directors of Island Savings Credit Union for 15 years, most recently chairing both the Audit and Nominations Committees. Mr. Parker is also a past Trustee of the Credit Union Foundation of British Columbia and a current member of the Practice Review and Licensing Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia.
The Company also announces that, due to current market conditions, it has elected to terminate two option agreements dated April 10, 2012 with an arm's length exploration and development company pursuant to which the Company had been granted sole, exclusive and irrevocable options to acquire a 100% undivided interest in certain unpatented mining claims in the District of Red Lake in the Province of Ontario. The Company will continue to seek out other opportunities as they become available.
Neither the NEX nor the Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
eShippers Management Ltd.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?