Actress Lindsay Lohan is threatening to leave the Betty Ford Center near Palm
Springs, Calif., after doctors cut off her supply of Adderall, sources told TMZ.
Sources close to the "Mean Girls" actress said doctors at the rehabilitation facility determined she does not need the addictive drug to control attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Doctors rarely prescribe the drug to anyone over the age of 15 because there are numerous substitute medications that don't have the same addictive qualities, TMZ reported Saturday.
The sources said Lohan told her friends she can't stay at the Betty Ford Center and wants to move to another rehab facility that may not be so strict about her Adderall use.
Lohan checked into Betty Ford May 2 as part of a 90-day sentence for reckless driving. Lohan pleaded no contest to the charges in March and agreed to enter rehab, spend 18 months in psychotherapy and serve 30 days of community service.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV