Actress Lindsay Lohan is threatening to leave the Betty Ford Center near Palm
Springs, Calif., after doctors cut off her supply of Adderall, sources told TMZ.
Sources close to the "Mean Girls" actress said doctors at the rehabilitation facility determined she does not need the addictive drug to control attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Doctors rarely prescribe the drug to anyone over the age of 15 because there are numerous substitute medications that don't have the same addictive qualities, TMZ reported Saturday.
The sources said Lohan told her friends she can't stay at the Betty Ford Center and wants to move to another rehab facility that may not be so strict about her Adderall use.
Lohan checked into Betty Ford May 2 as part of a 90-day sentence for reckless driving. Lohan pleaded no contest to the charges in March and agreed to enter rehab, spend 18 months in psychotherapy and serve 30 days of community service.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday