Great Scott Visionary Australian director Baz Luhrmann becomes the first film-maker in almost 40 years to commit F Scott Fitzgerald''s classic novel, The Great Gatsby, to the big screen, bringing his distinctive style to a story of smouldering passions in swinging 1920s New York. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the millionaire war hero Jay Gatsby with the dark secrets. The film, which also stars, Tobey Maguire and love of fashion to raise money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. See how shopping is helping a good cause. See pages 8&9.
Stripes are the summer stars Get set for the season with some striking summer stripes that will help you and your home stand out from the crowd. See pages 10&11.
Dinosaurs walking back The Dinosaurs are coming! Ten of them, in fact, representing their 200 million year reign of Earth. Walking With Dinosaurs, which is the stage show based on the BBC series, comes back to the Capital FM Arena next week and among its life- size stars will be a Brachiosaurus that is 56ft from nose to tail. There are seven shows from Wednesday to Sunday. Tickets are Pounds 25-Pounds 45 from the box office, call 0843 373 3000 or go to www.capitalfmarena.com.
Trapped again THE Mousetrap is the world's longest running theatre play and it all started here. Agatha Christie's thriller was first performed at the Theatre Royal on 6 October 1952 before its record-breaking run in the West End. It was in Nottingham that the writer told its star Richard Attenborough that it would have a nice little run. Since then there have been more than 23,000 performances around the world.
It runs from Monday to Saturday, stars Karl Howman (Brush Strokes), Bruno Langley (Coronation Street) and Steven France (EastEnders)... and is a complete sell-out.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap