MARK Kermode meets one of the most powerful men in Hollywood as his latest movie, Star Trek Into Darkness leaves cash tills ringing around the world.
JJ Abrams honed his craft as a screenwriter on movies such as Regarding Henry and Armageddon before making the legendary TV series Lost.
Tom Cruise went on to hire him to direct Mission: Impossible III, before Paramount bosses hoped he could also reboot their stalled Star Trek franchise.
DON'T MISS When he hit another home run with that 2009 blockbuster, JJ was snapped up by Steven Spielberg to make Super 8, a love letter to 1970s sci-fi cinema.
There's no word yet on whether Abrams will direct a third Star Trek movie, but one man who'd be delighted to take part is the original Kirk himself.
William Shatner says: I'd be delighted. Especially because I've become acquainted with JJ Abrams and he's smaller than I am. I like to find people I can stand next to that I can tower over.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List