LONDON - The next "Star Wars" movie will be shot in a galaxy far, far away from Hollywood - Britain.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy says the company has reached a deal with British Treasury chief George Osborne to make "Star Wars: Episode VII" in the U.K.
She said Friday that the production company was "revisiting the origins of `Star Wars'" for the new movie. Parts of all six previous movies were made in Britain.
Osborne said the announcement was "great news for fans and our creative industries."
"Star Wars" maker Lucasfilm was bought last year for $4.05 billion by The Walt Disney Co., which has announced plans for a new trilogy of films.
The first new movie, directed by sci-fi wunderkind J.J. Abrams ("Star Trek"), is due for release in 2015.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fox, Twitter team up to promote TV shows, sell ads
- Guitar Center Sessions Updates on New Episodes Featuring The Smashing Pumpkins, Goo Goo Dolls, OneRepublic and Talib Kweli
- Cinedigm's Docurama Launches New YouTube Channel
- Daily Trivia Byte
- One hot summer
- Stars light up the stage in memory of gentle giant ; REVIEW [Birmingham Mail (UK)]
- Movieline Rolls Out into the Online Video Space
- CELEBRITY BIRTHDAYS [Birmingham Mail (UK)]
- CrowdIt Backs Springfield Area Filmmakers by Offering Complimentary Crowdfunding to Comedy Film Company
- Nikki Hill brings her raw energy and vintage style to Roanoke
News-To-Go
Advertisement
Advertisement
News Column
Lucasfilm: New 'Star Wars' movie to be shot in UK
May 11, 2013
YellowBrix
Advertisement
For more stories covering arts and entertainment, please see HispanicBusiness' Arts & Entertainment Channel
Source: YellowBrix_Entertainment
Story Tools



