CBS passed on the pilot for drama "Beverly Hills Cop," based on the film franchise starring Eddie Murphy, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
Sony Pictures Television and Paramount are shopping the project to other networks after CBS passed on what producers considered a sure thing, the entertainment industry publication reported Friday.
The drama stars Brandon T. Jackson as the son of Axel Foley, played by Eddie Murphy in the movie franchise starting in 1984.
Murphy and Judge Reinhold were scheduled to reprise their roles for cameos in the television series.
The series marks Paramount's first effort to get back into television production since it split with CBS in 2005, The Hollywood Reporter said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief