CBS passed on the pilot for drama "Beverly Hills Cop," based on the film franchise starring Eddie Murphy, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
Sony Pictures Television and Paramount are shopping the project to other networks after CBS passed on what producers considered a sure thing, the entertainment industry publication reported Friday.
The drama stars Brandon T. Jackson as the son of Axel Foley, played by Eddie Murphy in the movie franchise starting in 1984.
Murphy and Judge Reinhold were scheduled to reprise their roles for cameos in the television series.
The series marks Paramount's first effort to get back into television production since it split with CBS in 2005, The Hollywood Reporter said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing