CBS passed on the pilot for drama "Beverly Hills Cop," based on the film franchise starring Eddie Murphy, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
Sony Pictures Television and Paramount are shopping the project to other networks after CBS passed on what producers considered a sure thing, the entertainment industry publication reported Friday.
The drama stars Brandon T. Jackson as the son of Axel Foley, played by Eddie Murphy in the movie franchise starting in 1984.
Murphy and Judge Reinhold were scheduled to reprise their roles for cameos in the television series.
The series marks Paramount's first effort to get back into television production since it split with CBS in 2005, The Hollywood Reporter said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows