U.S. President Barack Obama will travel to Berlin
after attending the G8 summit in Northern Ireland on June 17-18, the
White House confirmed Friday.
He would meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Joachim Gauck on the visit to "reaffirm the strong ties between the United States and Germany, our vital ally and economic partner," spokesman Jay Carney said.
Obama was to be accompanied by his wife Michelle.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps