U.S. President Barack Obama will travel to Berlin
after attending the G8 summit in Northern Ireland on June 17-18, the
White House confirmed Friday.
He would meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Joachim Gauck on the visit to "reaffirm the strong ties between the United States and Germany, our vital ally and economic partner," spokesman Jay Carney said.
Obama was to be accompanied by his wife Michelle.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy