U.S. President Barack Obama will travel to Berlin
after attending the G8 summit in Northern Ireland on June 17-18, the
White House confirmed Friday.
He would meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Joachim Gauck on the visit to "reaffirm the strong ties between the United States and Germany, our vital ally and economic partner," spokesman Jay Carney said.
Obama was to be accompanied by his wife Michelle.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild