U.S. President Barack Obama will travel to Berlin
after attending the G8 summit in Northern Ireland on June 17-18, the
White House confirmed Friday.
He would meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Joachim Gauck on the visit to "reaffirm the strong ties between the United States and Germany, our vital ally and economic partner," spokesman Jay Carney said.
Obama was to be accompanied by his wife Michelle.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened