ST. LOUIS, MO -- (Marketwired) -- 05/10/13 -- Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA), a leading global life reinsurer, announced today that it was ranked #275 in the 2013 FORTUNE 500 list. The annual list, which ranks U.S.-based companies by total revenue, will appear in FORTUNE Magazine's May 20 issue.
"Our company experienced a strong 2012, with many of our businesses creating substantial future value through new initiatives," said Greig Woodring, President and Chief Executive Officer, RGA. "Revenues approached $10 billion and net income surpassed $600 million, establishing new records for RGA."
RGA, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2013, is one of the largest providers of life reinsurance in the world. The company serves clients in more than 60 countries, providing expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. RGA is the leading facultative reinsurer in the life insurance industry, employing its expertise and capacity to help clients around the world solve problems associated with impaired risk and large cases.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with operations in Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. Worldwide, the company has approximately $2.9 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of more than $40 billion.
For further information, please contact:
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief