LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 05/10/13 -- Editors Note: There is a video associated with this press release.
FA Cup sponsor Budweiser is set to showcase a special, two minute FA Cup film made up of photographs taken by you, the fans! Throughout the 2013 tournament, supporters of all teams have been sharing their best photographs on Twitter using the hash tag #tothedream.
The film tells the story of this season's FA Cup from the supporters' perspective and continues Budweiser's commitment to bringing The FA Cup closer to the fans. Since round one kicked off in November, thousands of photos have been submitted via Twitter using #tothedream, creating huge buzz around the FA Cup that culminates with the finished video being played live at Wembley before the final between Wigan and Manchester City tomorrow.
The use of a 120-second advert slot, normally reserved for its World Cup and Super Bowl advertising campaigns, marks this epic fan film as a first for Budweiser. The film will air on TV in the last commercial break on both ITV & ESPN before kick off of The FA Cup Final tomorrow at 5.15pm.
Budweiser has built on the use of technology and social media as part of its FA Cup sponsorship, from the live streaming of early round games in season one, to placing 'Phoneographers' - amateur photographers who shoot entirely on smartphones - pitch side at Wembley for the Semi-Finals. The sponsors also offered fans the chance to win Final tickets and other prizes through an Augmented Reality activated On-Pack promotion earlier in the season.
Iain Newell, Budweiser's UK Marketing Director, said: "We are really excited to have captured some of the great moments shared throughout this season's competition through the fans. The film illustrates our commitment to bringing the beautiful game closer to the fans, and through this film we think we've captured a truly great season of FA Cup action."
Watch the Fan Film ahead of The FA Cup Final here.
To see a timeline of images submitted please visit facebook.com/budweiseruk.
Follow @BudweiserUK for FA Cup news and Budweiser information.
To relive the 2013 FA Cup, visit www.budweiser.co.uk/tothedream.
For more information and imagery please contact the
Budweiser press office at
020 3128 6600
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go