Two bona fide hitmakers from the 1960s, the Buckinghams and the Grass Roots, will perform during one night of classic pop music in the suburbs this weekend. Expect to hear such hits as "Midnight Confessions" and "Kind of a Drag." An excellent way to take a trip down memory lane.
8 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. Tickets start at $39. Go to .
Fans who thought that primal, pounding "noise rock" died with the great Chicago band the Jesus Lizard should be smiling these days. Several new bands have delivered an updated version of that sound, none more viscerally than the Canadian trio Metz. Metz's self- titled debut, released in the latter half of 2012, is a blistering listen, full of slashing guitars, shouted vocals and a punishing drum sound that makes you feel as if the sticks are landing just inches from your ear. I haven't had a chance to see them live yet, but reviews suggest that the intensity actually goes up a few notches on stage.
9 p.m. Sunday, May 12, at Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $15. Go to .
The 'Boy' is back
Suburban band Fall Out Boy, part of the pop-punk craze during the early 2000s, has re-formed after a four-year hiatus. The band has a new album out, "Save Rock and Roll," and all the boys in Fall Out Boy -- Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley -- are hitting the road to re-connect with the audience that made them one of the bigger acts of the previous decade.
6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at the Riviera Theatre, 4746 N. Racine Ave., Chicago. $25. Go to .
-- Matt Arado
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?