Fred Smith is returning to his Utah retail roots with the opening late this
month of Fabulous Freddy's Car Wash in Sandy. A grandson of Smith's Food and
Drug founder Dee Smith, Fred Smith left Utah when the family sold the grocery
business to Fred Meyer in 1997 and started in the car wash business in Las Vegas
soon thereafter. The chain now has five locations in Las Vegas and two in St.
"We are so excited to be opening this store in Sandy, where I grew up," said Smith. "We strive to provide the highest level in quality, convenience, value and service at all of our locations. We want the same to be true of this newest addition in Sandy." Smith has named local resident Eric Bland to direct operations at the new facility.
The Sandy opening will bring about 110 new jobs to the area. Located on two acres at 1065 E. 9400 S., the new store will feature options ranging from simple touch-free exterior car washes to complete auto detailing. The facility will have 12 fuel pumps manned by attendants, with diesel available. An Express Lube Shop will provide additional service options for customers.
Freddy's locations also have a large convenience store as well as a frozen yogurt shop. While waiting for their cars to be serviced, customers can enjoy a lounge area complete with a television, computers and WiFi availability. The convenience store can also be accessed via a drive-through counter.
According to Smith, his company will begin looking for additional new Utah store opportunities in 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation