The BBC says it is working on a British version of the U.S. family sitcom
"Everybody Loves Raymond."
"The Smiths" will star Lee Mack and Catherine Tate as a sportswriter and his wife, who live across the street from his meddling parents and overbearing older brother, the New York Post said.
Production on the show is to begin this month, the report said.
The Emmy Award-winning American version ran for nine seasons and starred Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Peter Boyle, Doris Roberts and Brad Garrett.
"Raymond" has also been adapted for television in Russia and Poland. The challenges of adapting it for international audiences were chronicled in the 2010 documentary "Exporting Raymond."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say