REHEARSALS may be a hard-knock life for one Llanelli theatre group, but it will all be worth it when their performance of Annie opens this summer.
The young actors of the Mark Jermin Stage School will join senior members of the cast as they step onto the Ffwrnes stage for the first time in July, to perform the classic story of the red-haired orphan.
Director Mark Jermin said the group was very excited ahead of their debut performance in Llanelli's new theatre.
We are really looking forward to bringing this fantastic family fun show to Llanelli, he said.
The theatre is beautiful, with great lighting and facilities to give this show a high production value.
Annie is a great musical, loved by all children and families.
We always look to bring a popular musical to the public every year.
In the past we have performed musicals such as High School Musical and Hairspray, and this year we thought Annie was perfect.
I think it is the perfect production for all children and youngsters to be involved in.
Mark added that rehearsals in the theatre's Stwdio Stepni were going well.
He said: The students are enjoying the rehearsals and cannot wait to get their orphan costumes on and step on the stage.
Lisa Fox, 27, who is a teacher for the stage school, will play Miss Hannigan in the musical, and says she is relishing her return to the stage.
It's great to be asked to be part of this production and I teach the children, so I know them all well, she said.
I'm very different to the character of Miss Hannigan, but am really enjoying getting into the role and getting back on the stage.
She added: I attended the stage school for many years when I was younger before I moved to London to train at the Guildford School of Acting, so I am used to working with Mark as a director.
I know he gets the best out of the children to put on a fantastic production.
Annie will open at Ffwrnes on Wednesday, July 3 and will run until Saturday, July 6. Evening performances will be at 7.30pm and a Saturday matinee will start at 2.30pm.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO