MUMBAI, April 30 -- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (QSQT)-a film of many firsts-completes 25 years of its release and its lead actress Juhi Chawla still relishes the time spent on the sets and says none of them knew "how the film would turn out". QSQT was Mansoor Khan and Aamir Khan's debut vehicle as director and actor, respectively. Juhi too got recognition with the tragic love saga after a miniscule role in Sultanat.
"Mansoor Khan called just the other day to say we're going to have a reunion of the film's cast and crew. And I was like, my god! Is it really 25 years of QSQT? Wow! I feel so young when I say this," said Juhi.
However, she misses the team members whom they lost over the years.
"Jokes aside, it is amazing that the film is still so fresh and alive. The songs by Anand-Milind like Ghazab Ka Yeh Din and Ae Mere Humsafar are hummed to this day. Sadly, Majrooh Sultanpuri, who wrote the lovely songs, is no more. From the film's team we also lost our wonderful producer Nasir Hussain Saab. And from the cast Goga Kapoor is gone. But most of us are still around to get together for the screening of QSQT that Mansoor Khan organised...."
"You know QSQT was not really my debut film. I had done Sultanat with Sunny Deol before that. But no one remembers me in that film. If you blinked, you missed me in that," she said.
"In QSQT, we were all relatively new, therefore, most comfortable working together. There was no stress, no stretched nerves and frayed ego," added Juhi.
After QSQT, Juhi and Aamir did several films together but she admits that QSQT was special. "I loved Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, also Ishq. But QSQT was special to both of us," said the actress.
Published by HT Syndication with permission from EKantipur.com.
For any query with respect to this article or any other content requirement, please contact Editor at email@example.com
Copyright (c) HT Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
(c) 2013 The Kathmandu Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go