CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/01/13 -- Country Superstar Paul Brandt's Just As I Am tour will make its way across Canada from May 15 - June 7, making a difference in local tour communities and around the world. All net proceeds of the Just As I Am tour will go directly towards supporting local community projects in the cities Brandt is playing, as well as an overseas development project in Haiti through his Build It Forward Foundation.
Further, Brandt has launched the "I AM HAITI BOUND" CONTEST, which will provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a fan to join him on a community development trip to Haiti later in 2013. All fans attending the Just As I Am tour will have the opportunity to enter the contest via Brandt's Facebook page.
"The Build It Forward Foundation is committed to supporting initiatives here in Canada as well as offering support around the world to those who need it most," explains Brandt. "My volunteer experiences abroad have been some of the most profound moments of my life, and I wanted to share the opportunity with a fan to help make a difference."
Fans not attending the tour can still participate in the contest, being held in partnership with Cafe Xaragua, the first official product of Brandt's Build It Forward Foundation.
Cafe Xaragua is a Calgary-based company founded by three entrepreneurs. Recognizing the opportunity to re-develop Haiti's coffee growing business in a sustainable and responsible manner, Cafe Xaragua operates with fair-trade principles and provides economic opportunity - Cafe Xaragua plants a coffee tree in Haiti for every bag of coffee sold.
"We're proud to be named an official product of Paul Brandt's Build It Forward Foundation," says Robert Lehnert, one of the founders of Cafe Xaragua. "We share a common desire to help make lives better in Haiti, building the community one step at a time in a fair and sustainable manner."
Fans can enter the "I AM HAITI BOUND" CONTEST two ways:
1) Take a photo of themselves in front of the "I AM HAITI BOUND" banner at any of Paul's concerts during the Just As I Am tour. Upload the photo to the contest page at www.facebook.com/PaulBrandtOfficial and also explain why they should be Haiti Bound.
2) Fans can take a photo of themselves with a bag of "Build It Forward" labeled Xaragua Coffee from one of their retail locations (www.cafexaragua.com/stores.html). Upload the photo to the contest page at www.facebook.com/PaulBrandtOfficial and also explain why they should be Haiti Bound.
The contest will run from May 1 - June 30, 2013. For complete rules and regulations, please visit the contest site on Facebook.
The upcoming tour will include songs from Just As I Am as well as a number of Paul's greatest hits, in a unique, intimate environment. For more information, visit www.paulbrandt.com, follow Paul @paulbrandt or on Facebook at PaulBrandtOfficial.
To purchase tour tickets, VIP or Soundcheck Experience packages, visit www.paulbrandt.com or www.uniteproductions.com.
About Paul Brandt
Paul Brandt is the most awarded male Canadian country artist in history. His 1996 debut RIAA certified Gold album went on to sell one million albums internationally, propelled by the #1 R & R single and wedding standard "I Do". He's written songs for Johnny Cash, Dave Matthews and others. His 2011 release Give It Away was named iTunes' Canadian Country Album of the Year, and the accompanying NOW Tour successfully criss-crossed Canada, generating 5.2 million impressions via his @paulbrandt Twitter handle. Paul released his 11th album, Just As I Am, in October 2012. Paul and his family enjoy using the platform of celebrity to raise funds and awareness for causes they believe in through their Build It Forward Foundation.
Brookline Public Relations
(403) 538-5641 ext. 104 or Cell: (403) 585-2429
Most Popular Stories
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs