NEW YORK - More than 50 bands will help keep the party rolling for 24 hours during the O Music Awards.
The show put on by MTV, VH1 and CMT that celebrates music and counter culture will return June 19 with a 24-hour livestream event that will celebrate live music.
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson will kick off 24 hours of live music by starting a drum-a-thon and artists will perform around the country. Awards in categories like next big scene, digital genius and best web-born artist will be given out and the festivities will splash across the three television networks as well.
The networks also will launch a "Make a Band Famous" opportunity through their artist platforms, beginning Wednesday.
Voting starts May 16 when a complete list of categories and nominees will be released.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline