NEW YORK - More than 50 bands will help keep the party rolling for 24 hours during the O Music Awards.
The show put on by MTV, VH1 and CMT that celebrates music and counter culture will return June 19 with a 24-hour livestream event that will celebrate live music.
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson will kick off 24 hours of live music by starting a drum-a-thon and artists will perform around the country. Awards in categories like next big scene, digital genius and best web-born artist will be given out and the festivities will splash across the three television networks as well.
The networks also will launch a "Make a Band Famous" opportunity through their artist platforms, beginning Wednesday.
Voting starts May 16 when a complete list of categories and nominees will be released.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall