BUDDING young Danny Boyles and Kathryn Bigelows from across the county are being urged to submit their short films to this year's Co- operative Film Festival.
Young people, aged 22 and under, who dream of making a movie, have until Friday, May 31, to submit their entries for the annual festival in July.
Entries to the festival, which is now in its 47th year, should be no more than six minutes long and will be viewed and selected by a panel of film and media professionals.
There are no categories to limit the imagination and film-makers are encouraged to tackle issues that concern them, through either drama, documentary, animation or comedy, or even a music video or silent movie.
Not only will the film-makers get to see their work on the big screen but they can also take part in events and masterclasses hosted by film experts, and receive feedback on their film.
Festival organiser Laura Boonham, national projects assistant, said: The festival goes from strength to strength, with the quality of films and the talent on show during the event getting better and better every year - and the 2013 festival promises to be no different. This major national film festival has helped showcase the talents of thousands of youngsters, from across the UK and Europe, and we urge both experienced movie-makers and those who have never made a film before to give it a go.
Latest news can be found on the Festival website at www.co- operative.coop/filmfestival, on the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thecooperativefilm festival or via Twitter by following @coopfilmfest.
Films can also be entered online - see the website for more details.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review