AS A big thank you to the local community and all its supporters and friends, St Michael''s Mount will open its doors free of charge on Sunday, May 12 for its eighth annual Music On The Mount.
Organised entirely by the Islanders, the event celebrates local music and entertainment and throughout the day visitors will be treated to live music and dance from concert bands to Cornish clog dancing, from harpists to belly dancers.
Local musicians, school choirs and children's entertainers will all be on hand so get ready for Celtic fiddlers, pop, Motown and gospel choirs plus some traditional Cornish dancing.
Entertainment and music will be happening across the island from Marazion Apollo Choir singing on the Bowling Green, to the step- clogging of the Carnkie Cloggers up on the castle battlements, to the intimate harpplaying of Jade Hamzelou within the castle walls.
For children, Captain Of The West storyteller Mark Harandon will be on hand spinning his yarns and there will be FREE Punch and Judy shows, face-painting, giant garden games and a bouncy castle for all.
The castle quiz and garden trail will also be running on the day allowing little ones to explore and learn with a prize on completion.
Entrance on the day is totally FREE to the castle, gardens and all the music and entertainment. It promises to be a fantastic day for all the family.
For further information, visit www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.