AS A big thank you to the local community and all its supporters and friends, St Michael''s Mount will open its doors free of charge on Sunday, May 12 for its eighth annual Music On The Mount.
Organised entirely by the Islanders, the event celebrates local music and entertainment and throughout the day visitors will be treated to live music and dance from concert bands to Cornish clog dancing, from harpists to belly dancers.
Local musicians, school choirs and children's entertainers will all be on hand so get ready for Celtic fiddlers, pop, Motown and gospel choirs plus some traditional Cornish dancing.
Entertainment and music will be happening across the island from Marazion Apollo Choir singing on the Bowling Green, to the step- clogging of the Carnkie Cloggers up on the castle battlements, to the intimate harpplaying of Jade Hamzelou within the castle walls.
For children, Captain Of The West storyteller Mark Harandon will be on hand spinning his yarns and there will be FREE Punch and Judy shows, face-painting, giant garden games and a bouncy castle for all.
The castle quiz and garden trail will also be running on the day allowing little ones to explore and learn with a prize on completion.
Entrance on the day is totally FREE to the castle, gardens and all the music and entertainment. It promises to be a fantastic day for all the family.
For further information, visit www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low