Soon-to-be-parents Kim Kardashian and Kanye West asked friends to donate to a
Chicago children's hospital instead of buying baby gifts, a Kardashian agent
The celebrity socialite-actress and Chicago rapper asked friends to donate to the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, Kardashian's publicity representative said.
The hospital, formerly known as Children's Memorial Hospital, issued a statement expressing "its sincerest gratitude" to Kardashian and West "for their thoughtfulness and support of the hospital."
"We wish them all the best in the upcoming arrival of their baby," the statement said.
Donations made on the couple's behalf will go to the hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which provides critically ill newborns with highly specialized care, the hospital said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'