Soon-to-be-parents Kim Kardashian and Kanye West asked friends to donate to a
Chicago children's hospital instead of buying baby gifts, a Kardashian agent
The celebrity socialite-actress and Chicago rapper asked friends to donate to the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, Kardashian's publicity representative said.
The hospital, formerly known as Children's Memorial Hospital, issued a statement expressing "its sincerest gratitude" to Kardashian and West "for their thoughtfulness and support of the hospital."
"We wish them all the best in the upcoming arrival of their baby," the statement said.
Donations made on the couple's behalf will go to the hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which provides critically ill newborns with highly specialized care, the hospital said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?