VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/01/13 -- INTERNATIONAL FOREST PRODUCTS LIMITED ("Interfor" or the "Company") (TSX: IFP.A) announced today it has closed its deal to purchase two timber tenures in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia from Springer Creek Products Limited Partnership.
The tenures, which have a combined Allowable Annual Cut of approximately 174,000 cubic metres, will support an increase in production at Interfor's sawmill at Castlegar and help sustain the communities and businesses associated with that operation.
This release contains information and statements that are forward-looking in nature, including, but not limited to, statements containing the words "will" and "is expected" and similar expressions. Such statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause Interfor's actual results to be materially different from those expressed or implied by those forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others: general economic and business conditions, product selling prices, raw material and operating costs, changes in foreign-currency exchange rates, and other factors referenced herein and in Interfor's Annual Information Form and Management Discussions & Analysis available on www.sedar.com. The forward-looking information and statements contained in this press release are based on Interfor's current expectations and beliefs. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information or statements. Interfor undertakes no obligation to update such forward-looking information or statements, except where required by law.
Interfor is a leading global lumber supplier, with annual capacity of more than 2 billion board feet, and one of the most diverse lines of lumber products in the world. The Company has operations across North America and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. For more information about Interfor, visit our website at www.interfor.com.
International Forest Products Limited
Vice President and Chief Forester
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping