ROSELAND, NJ -- (Marketwired) -- 05/01/13 -- Private sector employment increased by 119,000 jobs from March to April, according to the April ADP National Employment Report®, which is produced by ADP®, a leading provider of human capital management solutions, in collaboration with Moody's Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP's actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis. The March report, which reported job gains of 158,000, was revised downward to 131,000 jobs.
April 2013 Report Highlights*
View the ADP National Employment Report Infograph at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 119,000
•By Company Size •Small businesses: 50,000•1-19 employees 34,000 •20-49 employees 17,000
•Medium businesses: 26,000•50-499 employees 26,000
•Large businesses: 43,000•500-999 employees 8,000 •1,000+ employees 35,000
•By Sector •Goods producing 6,000 •Service providing 113,000
•Industry Snapshot •Construction 15,000 •Manufacturing -10,000 •Trade/transportation/utilities 29,000 •Financial activities 7,000 •Professional/business services 20,000
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says