A YOUNG Llanelli actor is finding his feet in the world of film after his newest venture premiered in London last week. Sion Davies, of Park View Terrace, said he was thrilled when he landed the lead role in No Kaddish in Carmarthen, directed by Jesse Armstrong -- well known for his work on comedies such as Peep Show and The Thick of It.
The 15-year-old St John Lloyd school student is no stranger to the screen and has appeared in TV shows including Horrible Histories and Casualty, and in several advertisements.
He also spent two months filming Channel 5 quiz show Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old? Now Sion plays the lead role of geeky Gwyn in No Kaddish in Carmarthen, which centres on a teenage love triangle and how the characters deals with adolescence and growing up.
He was sent to an audition and was selected for the role by casting director Nadira Seecomber, who has worked on the hit Channel 4 series The Inbetweeners.
Sion said it had been a challenging role to play, but was one of his favourites to date. It was the first lead role in a film for me and it was a really good experience, he said.
It was really enjoyable. It is basically a coming of age film, revolving around three friends. My character is a bit of a geek and he just tags along with his best friend and his girlfriend, and realises he is happy with life at the end.
Sion attended the first screening in Court House Hotel, London, in April and said the event was a success.
It went really well, he said.
Everyone seemed to enjoy it.
It may be shown on Film4, and is being entered into a number of different film festivals. Sion, who has been a student at the Mark Jermin Stage School since he was four years old, outlined what he was up to next.
He said: As a stage school we are taking a play called Children of Mine to Edinburgh for the festival in August. I have got the lead role in that too, which is great.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics