TODAY GIG: Graeme Clark (above), best known as the bass guitarist for Wet Wet Wet, is over in Belfast to promote his debut solo album Mr Understanding in the Black Box. Head over to this intimate venue to hear his own material as well as covers of some of the Wets' favourites. 7.30pm. Tickets: Pounds 11. Tel: 028 9024 4400.
MUSICAL: Oklahoma, Rogers and Hammerstein's hit musical, is brought to the Market Place Theatre in Armagh by the Eglish Theatre Company and is packed full of hits such as I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No and Oh What a Beautiful Morning. 8pm, until Sat.
Tickets: Pounds 10. Tel: 028 3752 1821.
THEATRE: A highly visual and fast-paced interpretation of the legend of Setanta is performed in the Lyric Theatre, Belfast. Multimedia, masks and puppets draw the audience into this Irish myth. Times: 2pm & 8pm until tomorrow. Tickets: Pounds 11/Pounds 7. Tel: 028 9038 1081.
TOMORROW KIDS: Star Boy in the Strule Arts Centre, Omagh, is the charming tale of a boy who sees a shooting star and decides to go in search of it. Suitable for children age 3+ years and their families. 4.30pm. Tickets: Pounds 4. Tel: 028 8224 7831.
MUSIC: The City of Derry and Big Band Jazz Festival is now in its 12th year and is reckoned by many to be one of Ireland's most popular cultural events. There is a staggering number of top class acts lined-up to perform at various venues across the city until May 6. Check out the full programme at www.cityofderryjazzfestival.
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines