SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment plans to raise $500 million through an
initial public stock offering, according to a regulatory document filed Monday.
The Orlando-based theme-park owner had set a preliminary target of $100 million for the IPO.
SeaWorld, which is owned by private-equity firm Blackstone Group, announced in December that it was weighing a public offering. The company would trade on the stock market under the name SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. and the ticker symbol SEAS.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes