SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment plans to raise $500 million through an
initial public stock offering, according to a regulatory document filed Monday.
The Orlando-based theme-park owner had set a preliminary target of $100 million for the IPO.
SeaWorld, which is owned by private-equity firm Blackstone Group, announced in December that it was weighing a public offering. The company would trade on the stock market under the name SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. and the ticker symbol SEAS.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits