SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment plans to raise $500 million through an
initial public stock offering, according to a regulatory document filed Monday.
The Orlando-based theme-park owner had set a preliminary target of $100 million for the IPO.
SeaWorld, which is owned by private-equity firm Blackstone Group, announced in December that it was weighing a public offering. The company would trade on the stock market under the name SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. and the ticker symbol SEAS.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit