OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/09/13 -- The Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State (Science and Technology), today delivered the opening keynote address at Budget 2013: Checking the Pulse of Canada's Innovation Policies, the latest edition of the annual innovation conference hosted by RE$EARCH MONEY. He discussed the Harper Government's support for advanced research and technology set out in Economic Action Plan 2013.
"As the global economy becomes more competitive, Canada must continue to generate the highly skilled individuals and new ideas that will help our businesses innovate, secure new markets and create well-paying jobs," said Minister of State Goodyear. "By supporting advanced research and technology, our government is investing in the current and future prosperity of Canadians."
Since 2006, the Harper Government has provided more than $9 billion in new funding for initiatives to support science, technology and the growth of innovative firms. Economic Action Plan 2013 builds on this strong foundation, helping to position Canadafor sustainable, long-term economic prosperity and to provide Canadians with a higher quality of life.
For more information on the Government of Canada's science and technology initiatives, visit the Science and Technology for Canadians website (science.gc.ca).
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Gary Goodyear
Minister of State (Science and Technology)
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap