OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/09/13 -- Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will attend the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship Game on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 7:30 p.m., at Scotiabank Place, in Ottawa. As patrons of this championship, they will present the gold medal to this year's winning team.
"Sharon and I are honoured to present the gold medal to the women's ice hockey team who will triumph in this tournament," said His Excellency. "We have both been impressed with the skills of these talented women, as well as the high calibre of hockey played. We are truly looking forward to this final game as players from Team Canada and Team USA will give their all to become this year's world champion."
The 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship is hosted by Hockey Canada and is being held in Canada's Capital from April 2 to 9. For more information about this world-renowned tournament, visit www.hockeycanada.ca.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down