A stabbing attack Tuesday at a college near
Houston, Texas, left 14 people injured, including several who
required hospitalization, police said.
Police arrested one suspect, and the college was placed on lockdown, Harris County sheriff's spokesman Thomas Gilliland.
The attack occurred at Lone Star College in Cypress, Texas, as students were changing classes. The college issued an alert at its website just a minute before 12:00 pm (1700 GMT) telling students to stay away from the campus or to seek shelter in a secure location if they were already on campus.
Gilliland said the attacker ran from building to building, leading to incorrect initial reports that there were two attackers. The spokesman said an arrest was made after a student wrestled the alleged attacker to the ground.
Four of the victims were taken to the hospital by helicopter.
The sheriff department spokesman did not say what the attacker used as a weapon.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- U.S. Stocks Lackluster in Morning Trades
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress