U.S. nutrition supplement giant Herbalife said Tuesday its accountant, KPMG,
resigned due to alleged insider trading of Herbalife securities.
"Because of alleged trading in Herbalife's securities by one of KPMG's former partners," the accounting firm is resigning "effective immediately," the company said.
The partner resigned Monday. KPMG "notified Herbalife that KPMG's independence had been impaired and it had no option but to withdraw its audit reports on Herbalife's financial statements for the fiscal years ended Dec. 31 2010, 2011 and 2012."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say